Special populations, as defined by Perkins IV are:
- Individuals with disabilities
- Individuals from economically disadvantaged families, including foster children
- Individuals preparing for nontraditional training and employment
- Single parents, including single pregnant women
- Displaced homemakers
- Individuals with other barriers to educational achievement, including individuals with limited English proficiency
Support for special populations is primarily delivered through community/campus resource availability as well as on-campus workshops. Currently, all information is free and includes developed materials, specifically addressed to special populations. Events will be posted under “Announcements” on the CGTC website and sent out to all student/faculty/staff email accounts.
We also have a Lending Library that can assist with textbooks for students that qualify.
If you have any questions, please contact:
Director, Special Populations North Campus
Director, Special Populations South Campus